RECIPE: Super Protein Avocado Toast
Need a major boost in the morning to keep you running for the entire morning? Have no fear! Avocado toast is all the rage right now and is popping up on brunch menus all over the country because avocados are an amazing super food and an excellent source of protein. However, I like a massive protein boost because quite frankly it keeps you full longer. I like adding smoked salmon to avocado toast for this reason. Also, if you're like me and need an extra little spicy kick, you can add some red pepper flakes. Best of all this is a really simple meal that you can throw together and eat at any time of the day. Bon Appétit!
2 Slices of multi-grain bread 1 Ripe avocado Lemon (juice)
1/2 Red Onion (diced) Infused Olive Oil (I enjoyed shallots) Salt
Pepper (Optional) Red pepper flakes Smoked salmon (make sure it's sustainable!)
1. Toast the two slides of bread and set on a plate.
2. In a medium-sized bowl add the scooped/de-pitted avocado, the diced onion, the juice of hal f a lemon and a little red pepper flakes. Add about a tablespoon of flavored olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together into a guacamole consistency.
3. Spread the mixture onto both slices of toast.
4. Add slides of smoked salmon to the top of each slice and sprinkle some more red paper flakes.
5. Add lemon juice from the other half of the lemon to add some extra flavor to the salmon.
6. Shove in your mouth and go "Mmmmm."