15 Random Facts About Me
Many bloggers and YouTubers assume that their readers and viewers have an innate desire to know everything they can about the author. I'm not entirely sure if that is the case, but from time to time I do think it is fun to check out random facts in order to look for commonalities between my favorite writers and myself. In general, I consider myself a private person but usually disclose details of my life for entertainment's sake. Consider this one of those times. Below are just 15 random facts about me and by all means if you can relate too, please leave me a comment!
15 Random Facts About Me
1. I share the same birthday as Elvis Presley, David Bowie and Stephen Hawking. This of course is January 8th.
2. When I was younger I wanted to grow up to be a famous Scientist. Biology was my favorite science while in elementary school, but my scientific dreams were dashed in high school when my AP Biology teacher discouraged me from further pursuing the sciences after struggling with some chemistry data.
3. I was born in North Carolina, but lived virtually all of my life in Vermont. I'm cool with this; I can now imitate accents rather than be stuck with one.
4. I like watching TV shows about crime, both fictional and true. Investigation Discovery is such an addictive channel, but I also own the first 10 seasons of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Las Vegas of course) and Forensic Files are almost always on my TV.
5. Bees are the only animals that freak me out. A bee has never stung me, and as a child I used to have nightmares about being chased by swarms.
6. I tell people I was named "Jennifer" after Loni Anderson's character in WKRP in Cincinnati. Our family friends claim I was named after their pet golden retriever, named "Jennifer."
7. My favorite NFL team: Minnesota Vikings. The connection here is that my dad was born and raised in Minnesota and I grew up with him yelling at the TV every Sunday during football season. Not much has changed except now I'm the one yelling at the screen.
8. My first car was a 1989 Volvo 240GL Sedan...and I still drive it, though the poor thing is slowly falling apart.
9. York Harbor, Maine is probably my favorite place on Earth. This is where C and I plan to have our wedding later this year.
10. The one and only time I got a black eye was when I opened a microwave door open too fast and the handle hit me in the face.
11. I'm extremely picky when it comes to desserts. I'm not a huge fan of fruits and I don't like cake. When I was a kid, my parents always go me an ice cream cake from Ben & Jerry's because I wouldn't eat anything else.
12. I have several famous friends, but I rarely bring them up in conversation. That would be bragging.
13. Anything above 65 degrees Fahrenheit is too hot for me. I will never retire in Florida, if anything I'll keep moving further north.
14. I watched American Pharoah win the Triple Crown live at Belmont Park and have a winning ticket that I will never cash. It took 3 trips to Belmont Park to finally see this happen - fortunately!
15. When I graduated from high school I was voted Class Artist. The ironic thing was I had not painted a single thing all through high school, for class or otherwise.